History of the Course

The 1st Nine Holes

The 1st Nine Holes (designed by Vern Morcom) were opened on December 13th, 1953. A crowd of about 1,500 witnessed an exhibition match between Burtta Cheney and Joan Fisher, and between Ossie Pickworth and Len Boorer. Club membership was then 150 members and 40 associates.

The 2nd Nine Holes

The 2nd Nine Holes were officially opened in April, 1961, completing a course with a par 72 rating. After acquisition of further land in 1962, the 1st nine holes of the course were redesigned and completed in 1968, resulting in a current rating of 73.

In the early 60s, membership growth was the highest in the district with more than 700 new members. The club now has over 1000 members, the highest membership in the Bellarine district.

A major redevelopment program in the 1990s transformed the fairways with Wintergreen couch; and the course now has 42 bunkers, 3 practice fairways and 2 practice putting greens.